Sunday, February 27, 2011

Single Digits!

Had my first true long run in anticipation of grandma's half marathon.  [Jodie -- it has nothing to do with age.....it's a restaurant chain based here in Duluth]  So it was a 6 miler -- temp when we started.....9 degrees.  You can keep your body warm at that temp, but your face is a whole other issue.  Had ice crystals frozen on my eyelashes.  Had to use my gator!  I'll just let you wonder what the hell a gator is.....consider it a teaser!  But you sure feel pretty darn proud of yourself when you're done.  My running buddy Gloria shared she got her acceptance letter to grad school........in Milwaukee!  Another reason I need to get to Milwaukee!

I plan to start thinking about how I'm going to deal with my NY trip next week and working out.  Followed by my vacation week.  I've got to get myself prepared -- the travel makes this so hard for me.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and good luck as we enter another week of our challenge.  How are you feeling Jessica -- are you getting close to full recovery?

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment