Saturday, February 12, 2011

Home Sweet Home!

Alright I'm back from the Vegas/NYC tour.  I'm gonna lay it on the line -- I failed.  Now I'm going to practice the thing that has made me successful at weight loss, at work and in life in general.  I'm not going to quit -- I'm going to get right back on the plan.  Perseverance is a virtue.

None the less I will share my confession to allow closure to my shortfall.  I travelled to Vegas on a flight Sunday at 6:55am.  I then spent every waking moment with my boss.  A delay gave us a short layover -- so I did walk briskly, but not sure that it qualifies.  We shopped when we go there and I swear, I took every set of stairs that were in existence at both the airport and in Vegas.  In fact I inspired Patti to do the same. (perhaps that should count as extra credit)   On Monday I got up early and ran outside -- 4 miles, the longest I've been in months -- including several stair climbs.  Also walked nearly 2 miles in addition to shop and purposely walked to try and make up for the guilt I was feeling about the prior day.  Tuesday -- again got up and ran 4 miles before our appointments.  Wednesday, another 7am flight, straight to the hotel and then appointments.  Then straight to dinner --- with drinks of course.  Exhausted when I got back to my room at nearly midnight.  Thursday......just exhausted.  I walked as much as I could, but did not have dedicated time to workout.  Friday, more of the same including a flight back to Duluth.  It was very challenging and frankly I just planned too much social stuff and couldn't fit in time to workout.  I let myself down -- which I regret, but learned I can't do everything and I should take care of myself first.

So today I was back at it.  Went running outside.  I am now home for 3 weeks straight -- so I am certain this was just a minor setback.

JW -- proud of you for getting up out of bed to workout and love the irony of reading a book about the focus needed to be an Olympian.

JL -- how did the meetings go?  How did the dress look?  We need a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment