Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday, Jan 23rd: Day 7

It's Sunday.....a day to sleep in, hang out in your jammies -- the epitome of lazy!  In addition two great playoff games to watch.  But I still needed to motivate myself to workout.  So I wen't old school -- possibly inspired by the old school football I intended to watch afterwards.  Dug out the jump rope and started jumping.  I learned the value of jump roping back in an old boxing class.  It looks simple and not particularly taxing....but you'll be surprised.  And if you're good there is all the fancy footwork you can add  to impress your friends.  Well that took about 5 minutes -- now what?  I threw in a few push ups, some lunges, squats and the quintessential sit ups.  Finished up with a few more minutes of jump rope and put the big DONE stamp on it.

I must admit I am enjoying 2 things about this craziness we are calling "The Streak" -- I love the trying new stuff and I love writing the workout down in my journal.  I feel such a since of accomplishment.  I hope you guys are feeling it to!

That's all for now!  Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment