Friday, January 28, 2011

Elliptical

I meant to get back to you re: the elliptical. I love that machine - I feel like I torch way more calories in a short time vs. the tm. Of course you know how slow I run! I don't know if this helps, b/c every machine varies, but this is what my trainer has me do:
* 2 min at low perceived exertion (around 3) at level 2 maybe and 60 rpm
* 1 min at highest exertion (9) at level 10; maintain 75-85 rpms
* repeat for 20 minutes minimum
If that seems too easy, alternate minutes only.
At least it goes by fast, and torches close to 350-400 calories.

My weight has not budged yet, so my lastest piece of advice (which Mel I think you do anyway) was to do 15-20 min of cardio right away in the a.m. before I eat breakfast to get metabolism going. I did this a.m. (did not count towards my 30 min!) so we'll see if it helps over time. . . .

Also, my sinus issue is rearing its ugly head again (pain!) but I can't see the ENT until Mon morning (then I get on a plane! Joy!). I think I may need surgery, so we'll just see how that effects my streak! One day at a time, right?
JW

No comments:

Post a Comment