Sunday, January 30, 2011

I worked out with Jillian Michaels today!

My search for new workout experiences continues.  I bought the Jillian Michaels DVD 30 Day Shred.  It has 3 20 minute workouts which combine strength, cardio and ab work.  She does a 2 minute warm up, then 3 circuits -- each with 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of ab work.  Then 2 minutes cool down.  It's pretty old school which made it easy to follow -- you do need some hand weights but other than that....pretty straight forward.  I added on 10 minutes of incline walking to officially complete my 30 minutes.

I'm with you Jodie -- I have never ever in my life worked out 14 days in a row.  This is a weird thought but it seems like taking the debate out about wether you will or won't work out any particular day -- sort of removes the gray area.  So the voice in your head is only debating what the workout will actually be -- not if you'll work out.  I'll tell you -- I'm pretty damn proud of all of us!  A few weeks ago we were all making excuses and our story was about how we just couldn't do what ever it was we thought we needed to do -- but not now!  Now the story is that we are on a streak -- how cool is that.  Jodie -- I am really excited for you.  Working out and feeling in shape is such a confidence booster in so many ways.  From looking fabulous in that dress to feeling strong and disciplined.  You should definitely try the Zumba -- I have heard it is a lot of fun.

Amazingly enough I found a Aikido class associated with Y I just joined.  I can't start classes to April -- but it's almost like fate that I came across it.  I looked on the internet and the yellow pages trying to find Aikido in Duluth -- but no luck until I joined the Y.  I wouldn't have joined the Y if we wouldn't have started this crazy streak.

That's enough for now.  If I have phone service out at Minnesuing I will call you Monday night.  I'm sure I'll need some emotional consoling after a day with Susie.

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment