Saturday, August 6, 2011

Centering....

A Strozzi term -- for grounding yourself and preparing for what's next.  I am trying to do just that.  Went to my WW meeting today....and I can admit to you guys -- I am actually heavier than I was back in November when I joined.  That's ok -- I feel good that I haven't given up.  Bought a new journal to record my food intake and exercise schedule.  A new journal for me is like the key to everything -- I to this day can't believe I don't write in a journal everyday.  I love journals and actually like solving problems by writing about them....but somehow have never gotten in the habit of keeping a personal journal.

Sitting on my back porch listening to the rain and enjoying the fireplace.  A pretty darn good Saturday night by my standards.  Trying to calm myself -- before the onslaught of work.  Between now and the last week of August -- I have a massive amount of work to accomplish.  So I'm trying not to panic.  Also truly trying to understand how you hold on to your self......"honor yourself" as Jodie and I discussed last weekend while going through these type of times.  There are several personal things I feel the desire to do -- bur reluctant to take my eyes off the work.  How can I excel at work if I don't give it everything.  Trying to figure out how to delegate more.

I feel relatively calm right now -- not sure why -- but grateful for the feeling!

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment