Sunday, August 28, 2011

We need more practice.....

Ok Jess --

I felt the same way you did trying to list those 10 things......what if the stuff I like about myself wasn't that significant, what if someone else read it and thought....you're not really that, etc.  Typically stuff that runs through my head...."my story."  I am on a mission to change my story -- it was a good story when I was 25 or 30 years old -- but now I need a new story.....one that reflects me for who I am today.  But I agree we have all been telling our stuff all the things we don't love about ourselves for so long....it's freakin' difficult to think of what we do like.  We say we know we are loved and that we are good people, etc....but we can't easily come up with 10 things we like about ourselves.  So we are going to practice....

I'm going to tell you 10 things I love about you -- and I mean love!  You are an amazing friend and fabulous woman!

1.  I love that you have remained my friend through thick (hmm...funny choice of words for us) and thin -- through all the ups and downs -- you never took any time off....you were always there.
2.  My only friend in life who I believe has visited me in every state I have lived in.
3.  I love that you love pizza as much as i do.....minus the mushrooms.
4.  I love that you will stay up till 3 in the morning scrapbooking with me like we are kids.....even at the age of 45
5.  I love that we go to bed exhausted after said scrapbooking and we can't go to sleep because we can't stop talking and giggling
6.  I love that you take care of me when you know I am hurting from some injustice in the world -- you email me, you send me a card....you make me laugh and you help me pick up the pieces and shove them back together in whatever chaotic manner we can.
7.  I love the person you have become after leaving Kohls and changing your lifestyle -- you are truly a great example for me
8.  I love that you let me talk you into crazy stuff and......
9.  I love that you are pretty damn good at coming up with your own crazy stuff!  AT
10.  I love that you obsess over stuff -- it's so fun and shows me how passionately you live your life!
11.  I could go on for at least another hour....I suspect!  But I end on this one -- I love you because I can count on you no matter whether it's something fun or scary.....to be there for me.

Hopefully some of this helps you know how much you are loved by others -- so there is no reason to not love your self with the same passion that you live your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment