Monday, August 22, 2011

Right With You, Sister!

* I am sooooo with you! I was right on track post-vaca, lost 4 lbs, etc. Then I have 3 nites in a row of NO sleep which just throws me off. I barely exercise, I eat crap, I down diet cokes, I nap in the afternoon, I get nothing done - the cycle just exaperates itself. I SWEAR it is hormonal - some kind of peri-menopausal thing or something. Everything in my life and house is completely out of control - so of course I put 2.2 back on.
* Meanwhile, I do my Mud Run - which yes, was very fun with my friends in the pouring rain, but honestly? I ran like crap. I had to walk up some hills. Frankly I was worried about twisting an ankle (it was indeed treacheroulsy slick) but the fact is that I was at the tail of our little pack and I know I can clearly run 3 miles. Later in the day, I was thinking that I really felt like a loser. They had to wait for me (well, only a few minutes, but still!) to cross the finish together. Add that to the psyche. They're my friends - I'm sure they do not care - but you know!
* Yes, in my years of Catholic School, I suppose any form of self-reflection is a type of confessional. At least we are not "physically" self-flagulating ourselves (did you see DaVinci Code?) But the point is to reflect, cleanse, absolve thyself and move on to improve!

* SO, today is a new day! In fact, yesterday (after my nap) I started cleaning my house; I got up early today and walked, got my nutrition back on track, and worked out mid-morning. Now if I could only concentrate on work I would be good.

* BTW, Steve was a Piper City, IL boy who worked in Canada (for Goodyear). In fact, I think he may still live there. Speaking of Steve's, I think you should look up the Moosejaw one and have him outfit us for our adventure!
* SIX WEEKS! We can focus for SIX WEEKS, right?! Let's do it! We will NOT be at the tail of the hiking group! And let's set a realistic goal . . . 6 lbs? (I'd like 10, but let's say 6!) Are you game?

No comments:

Post a Comment