Sunday, April 10, 2011

NEED NEW HELP!

OK Peeps . . . you know that I have been quite dedicated to the streak (which by the way, I did get up early before Denver trip, I felt great all day, and did score an order from TSA! Of course I was exhausted all the next day ...). There are all of the obvious benefits to this project: I know my heart is healthy, that I a flexible, mood, yadda yadda - but to be honest my mission is to lose some weight! Do you think the scale has budged ONE pound? NO! I lift weights with a trainer 3 x most weeks, and have gained over 12 lbs of muscle so I know that I am stronger (I leg press almost 600 lbs for pete's sake!) but no total weight loss. I still wear the same size clothes. My thyroid is fine (I just had it checked). I sporadically food journal (my trainer looks at it) and work hard on veggies and protein choices. What is the problem?! Even Miranda lost 5 lbs already. I hiked 5 (hilly) miles yesterday; biked (hilly!) 8 today. I feel good. But think how much more I would enjoy it if I was 20 lbs lighter! So, knowing you have both successfully lost weight, I need some ideas of something new to focus on to lose some poundage. The exercise I got down - I need another element that is going to work on this old body! HELP! Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment