Friday, January 11, 2013

Why, Why. Why?

Why is 4 days in NY so HARD?!  It should be a routine by now, after all of these years! Even the stress before, the traveling, the different hotels, the decompress after - WHY?!

I did fine eating. In fact, honestly low on points.  Ate completely vegan for two dinners (no carbs even). Packed 100 cal nuts and power bars for the day, to avoid the candy bowls. Walked for over an hour one night. Did a few burpees, but not as many as I would have liked. I lost my active link device at airport security (left it in the bin!).  But I had cheese and salad for the plane.

But with the lonnnng hours at the office, I did not make it to the WW mtg I was committed to going to.  I really only exercised once, plus one day of burpees.  Just so exhausted the whole time, rushing to work, not sleeping well . . . it is always such a mess when I have expectations that it is going to be "different" this time!  Today I slept in until TWELVE!  When is the last time you did that? I thought when Doug came in it was like 9, and my clock was wrong. So of course I had to waste the rest of the day.

Why do I always let work throw me off my routine? I am still the one in control. Why do I not have the drive to dig deeper and work around it?

I guess the good news is, lots of work to be done from here (appts) but hopefully no more travel for 6 weeks. 

Low Ethel

No comments:

Post a Comment