Monday, January 28, 2013

It Never Ends . . .

I was at the YMCA early one morning last week, and in the locker room I saw this relatively fit "old" lady (as in 75ish, so I can use the adjective old!) weighing herself on the big ol' scale.  It gave me pause . . . will I still have to do that when I am 75?!  Is there ever a point in life when I can ever just STOP worrying about it? 

I suppose that's why she was reasonably fit, and at the Y in the first place at 75!  You may be wondering what I was doing there early, in the locker room.  But that is for a month end post (class update).

I am the FEB director, but I will be holding you in suspense until week end.  I have our program lined up.  Being a retailer, you know I can only think in full weeks (not calendar months).  So last week of burpee fun.

The truth is that I missed a few (like 60) burpees last week, so I need the full week to get caught back up.  I gave myself the permission to slop them over a week.  I like having our own rules!  Doug has been in FL all week (his Dad is in hospice) and I don't know when he'll be back.  It took me 6 days, but I think I have a grip now on getting everyone organized.

WW?  I have lost 50 pounds!  That would be the same 5 over and over 10 times (at least).  Officially was 6 on-line, and now 3.2 w/ meetings.  My Dr. said staying the same is like losing 10, b/c most people our age put on 10 every year (how do you like that rationalization).  But I'm on a roll.  I feel good - diet is 90%, and working hard to ramp up the exercise.  Got a wedding coming up, you know!

Ethel

No comments:

Post a Comment