Sunday, January 13, 2013

Veggies!

We ate one night at Bond 45 - this is our favorite veggie place.  They have a whole window of stuff and my friend picks and I end up eating stuff I never would (and liking it - except the beets.  Still working on that).  Quinoa salad, artichokes, asparagus, carmelized fennel . . . who knows what else.  And strawberries for desert!
The other night was a "fast food" vegetarian place that I think is on maybe 39th and 7th.  We had fallefel (which I guess migh be fried, right?  But it was good!  Little chickpea meatballs!) and they mixed those in to a make-it-yourself salad bowl with hummus.  Again, not your traditional veggies but I felt so stuffed (then we did our hour walk).

I wish it was easier to eat like this in WI!

Thanks for the pep talk. I needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment