Saturday, March 19, 2011

My turn to catch up.....

Just got back from Arizona yesterday.  Can I just say it was so nice and very motivating to read both of your posts.  i love hearing what's going on with everyone.  Which reminds me.....Jodie do we want to add your daughter to the blog?  Just let me know -- I'll need her email so I can invite her.  I'm guessing Miranda is too young......but I do find it fascinating that both of your daughter's are connecting with you guys.  It's really sweet -- and probably explains part of the value of having children.  Congrats Moms!

Ok let me give you a run down on my workouts.  As you can imagine -- vacations can make for interesting workouts! :) Hmmmm.....can you count sex?  Just kidding! :)  Ok -- first of all kudos to Tim (not for the sex....) but for encouraging me and walking with me in every airport.  As soon as we got there and where we needed to be...he'd say let's walk the terminal and we did.  FYI -- he has that same compulsion that many walkers/runners have to touch some inanimate object at the end of the route to confirm you completed the distance.  Then on 2 days we went on 2 hour hikes with plenty of elevation -- we always say, we should do more kining at home, but haven't gotten around to it yet.  Then there was the trip to the Pima Air & Space Museum.  Huge facility -- as you might imagine if you were going to have a museum for airplanes.  It's so freakin' big you can see it on google earth.  Then today it was back to the running group -- another 8 miler.  The weather is finally starting to turn the corner here as well and what a pleasant change that is!!!!

I can't control myself -- this will be my longest post to-date.  Jodie -- I will be in NY again the week of May 1st.  Also trying to combine a trip to my Mom's with that -- but I'll keep you posted.  Can't wait to hear how the surfing goes -- that's very cool!!!  Get pictures!!!

Jessica -- I want to pick a date....but I am so overwhelmed with my travel schedule and as you know I can't always nail that down as far in advance as I would like.  I'm feeling frantic -- and that is bad news for me.  So try to stay the course and I know when the time is right we can figure something out.  The Nashville thing might work, but way to soon to tell.  I love the dirty-girl race you are doing -- that sounds fabulous.  I'm making a note about that -- is there late registration available for that???

I am currently doing Grandma's Half Marathon on 6/18 and the Warrior Dash on 7/23.  May be doing the Ragnar Relay again on 8/19-8/20.  So I am monitoring the situation and trying to maintain my sanity at the same time!

Love you guys -- and thanks for motivating me!

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment