Sunday, January 26, 2014

SMASH


This is one crazy, cold winter we are having.  School maybe closed again this week (colder than last time they closed) which means our district will be out of snow days already.  Anyhow, I guess it keeps me inside, and I finally had some time to work on my SMASH project!  Lil Ricky - you can ignore us - I know this may overwehlm you- it's just our form of therapy (and keeps me out of the kitchen! LOL).
For some reason I had an obsession of using fabric for this page, which of course I did not have.  The idea I "lifted" it from was paper, and of course I have plenty of paper, but you know ... I was fixated on fabric.  Which of course meant a special trip to a store, and anguish of selecting it, then finding scissors to cut it, downloading the perfect font .. . on and on.  Clearly NOT in tune with my "SIMPLIFY" mantra.  So what should have taked 15 minutes did indeed languish over two weekends.  But I am awfully happy with it!

This is the next page - kind of boring, but cute bluebird. I will not acknowledge the hours I "wiled away" reading all of the million of cute quotes out there!
Close up:

 
Well, just a little closer.  You know what it says anyway. I still have a little surprise to send you guys for motivation, and the lady swears that it shipped, so hopefully we'll see it this week.  Just in time as we kick off Feb!  One month down almost!
Ethel














No comments:

Post a Comment