Friday, January 31, 2014

One Down, 11 To Go!


How did the month go, peeps?! I am reporting in that I had a pretty good month.  Of course I always want to see more progress, but I am focusing on the positive!  So, I tracked my food every day (I owe $1 . . . there was a day that I wrote it in, but not until the next morning so I am being honest!), made some kind of meal each week and making progress with the meal planning, totally kept up my working out, and signed up for my swim class!

The efforts show in other ways, right?  So I will share an uplifting story that I must remember.  Miranda and I were at a spin class the other night, and I am pretty friendly with the instructor (Jamie, in fact she is the one I did the silly Burrito Biathalon with) and she was giving MK a hard time b/c she had no idea who Barry Manilow was.  So after class she asks me "who is this?  Your niece?"  And I replied, why no, it is my daughter.  And she could not believe that I was old enough to have a 14 yr old daughter (she was being serious - not just polite - I know her enough to know if she was faking it).  So I told her "I have a 17 yr old!"  She inquires (see, we 're friendly enough to ask) "how old are you?" and I stated "Jamie, I am 48!" and she literally almost fell off of her bike.  At this age, when you get an honest reaction from someone like that who sees you working out every week for a long time (i.e, no make up or hair help), it is uplifting!

It must be all of that amazing moisturizer that I have been religiously using!

Follow the Yellow Brick Road to success!
E


No comments:

Post a Comment