Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Wizard of Oz Challenge 2014


Merry Christmas to all!  


I have to say I have been thinking a lot about our new challenge and really trying to craft the perfect set of goals for myself.  Ethel sent this message from Pinterest and I love it.  It is perfect for me and my state of mind as I head into 2014!



This is my first pass at my challenge -- I am anxious to hear what you guys are thinking for yourself.  I may need to adapt if you have something that interests me....so stay tuned!

First I am starting with a mission statement of sorts.....

"This is my life, my choices, my mistakes and my lessons.  I have nothing to prove.  And as long as I'm not hurting people, I need not worry what they think of me." 

 [I got this from one of the Mark and Angel Hack postings -- want to give credit where credit is due]


Now the challenge itself!

Brain:  finish 2 current books in progress and read 4 additional books [as a reference I don't think I finished one book last year.....I would start them and then loose interest]

Heart:  complete 8 of the 30 Day Fitness Challenges  [there is a website and app for this program if you want to check it out]  Obviously this will be my ACTIVE category.

Courage:  commit to tracking my food intake everyday for 2014......I am at my goal weight -- but this is critical to maintain -- this will be my STREAK activity!

Home:  learn to crochet.....and make at least one mini-afghan!

There are a few other things I considered -- but they just didn't fill the bill for me.  I still may do some of them in a modified way, but don't want to commit for the year.  I plan to be much more active than just the HEART goal -- but wanted this challenge to be layered on to my current activity.

I hope you are both having a wonderful day!!!!!

Love.....Lucy!


No comments:

Post a Comment