Sunday, December 29, 2013

Wow! This is so hard.

Hi,

You guys are so interesting!  I love reading your posts.

I am going to contemplate these goals some more before the end of the year, but here is my first pass.

Brain:  I'm going to change at least 12 of  my core beliefs.  I'm going to journal every day about automatic thoughts I have vs. what an objective person would say to me.  I didn't say that very well.  I said it fine. (ha!)

Heart:  My goal here is to do things that will enable me to be as active as I would like to be later in life.  I am not as concerned with distance as I am speed and agility.  By the end of the year I would like to be able to run 5k in 24 minutes, ride 12 miles on a bike in 40 minutes, and master some beginning yoga rasa poses.  I have to do at least one workout in each category every week.

Courage:  This is where I am going to work in spirituality.  I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do here yet.
Home:  I want to implement "7 Habits of Highly Effective Families".  My main goal is to open up the communication in our household.  I'm going to propose one family meeting a month.  Those should be very interesting with two year old twins.  It's a start.

The character I identify most with is the scarecrow.  I feel like my thinking is messed up and it is hindering my progress.  If I only had a (re-programmed) brain!

Little Ricky

No comments:

Post a Comment