Thursday, December 26, 2013

OZ Challenge!

 
Here it goes . . . we still have a week to contemplate, but this is what I am thinking for my goals.  It seems a little daunting right now, but OZ was a challenge for Dorothy, right? And she made it there - so all challenges are possible to achieve!
 
 
BRAIN:  I will write down what I eat every day.  This will be my "streak" item, so each day that I do not honestly, that day, write down what I consume I will put a dollar in the "pot."  This takes focus, concentration and commitment which involves my brain!  Of course there are side effects - I hope to weigh and measure more accurately and be conscious at all times what really goes in my body.
HEART: I commit to 150  workouts during the year. Basically 3/wk, but I hope to try to stay on task by quarter.  I believe this gives me the flexibility to do different things over the year, as well as when I travel or if I feel sick a day.  It is achievable, but enough of a challenge to take some work.  A workout is a deliberate effort to raise my heart rate for a minimum of 30 min. (my physical goal).
HOME:   (don't laugh, but you know it's true) I will cook at least one meal for my family a week.  When I eat well, plan a grocery list, and set an example, they all eat well.  Hopefully this will really mean I plan menus more consistently, have healthy choices in the house, and we all benefit most days, but the actual challenge is once a week.
COURAGE: The place in my life where I am definitely out of my comfort zone is clearly water.  And I don't want to be - my kids love the water parks and pools, I have often been invited to SUP, on friends boats to tube . . .  I have kayaked, which I like,  but it is just not in my comfort zone. SO, at some point this winter (that lasts until May here, FYI) I am going to take another swim class, and over the summer participate in some activity in the water. Not clear what that is yet, but I will know it when the opportunity arises.
 
Feedback?
Ethel
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment