Monday, June 11, 2012

Quote

I ran across this sentence in a health newsletter, and I felt that it kind of summed up my opinion of running, so I thought I would share!

"The real gift of (marathon) running is reaveled AFTER the event.  The confidence, the ability to manage your energy and focus your mind, and the awareness of just how creative and powerful you really are becomes a natural part of how you move through life."

Hmm.

I earned "extra points" this weekend b/c on Sat when I was out, my Coach (Meaghan) was out with her marathon training group, so she saw me and knew I was doing my homework!  LOL.

OK - so are we IN for 9/30 Corning?  I need to get on the calendar (or give the weekend up to Doug for some bike event).  I had dinner with a friend last week who is very familiar with that area (she is from Rhode Island) and she said that it is beautiful, esp in the Fall.  Meaghan said that she would develop a training plan for me.  Important for me, since I am only at 4 miles again, and we are about 14 wks out.

As a sidebar, this friend Gail is the one who did the Madison-Chicago Ragner last year and had great fun. This year they are doing the Miami one! We wanted to do that!  Hours later I learned that they are getting transferred to FL (he husband is a big wig at Rockwell, and will become the President of Latin America) so not such a roadtrip as they had planned!  When is yours, anyway?

LET ME KNOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment