Saturday, June 23, 2012

No Power . . .

Knowing I had a crazy day on tap, I set my alarm at 6 to get my "first official" long run in. But by the time I got moving (6:45) it was too late to manage the morning (b/c where was Doug? You got it - running the Rock'n'Sole half downtown).  No will power.

As I went on with my crazy day, my phone was out of power and I needed to call my Dad. My camera ran out of power and Robbie's team for some reason was wearing these cool throw-back jerseys from 1980. Late afternoon, I wanted to finish my scrap organizing, and my label maker ran out.  I finally mustered the energy to get my run in at dusk, and I am now trying to train to a pace and heart rate.  Dug out the monitor - no power in the watch.  So I decided to use my nike+ thing at least. No power.  But as I was charging in, I saw your post - and on my merry way I went!  At least my ipod did not run out of juice, which I was fully ready to be the case! 


This is some of my little running group.  The illustrious Meaghan is the one who looks like a running freak.  The woman third from the left lost 50 lbs last year.  Amazing.  Remember when I saw you in NY, and had gained weight?  Well, the next week of course 3 lbs come off.  Then I have the all--time perfect week - exercised 6 days, journaled perfectly, and what happens.  You guessed it. Plus 3.  I saw my Dr this week, and she is thinks I have an issue w/ my hypothalmus, but not really sure what can be done about that (unless it's like a tumor!).  She thinks it could be the progesterone I use, so I am going to do the hormone test again.  Sigh.

We never shared our mantras in our group - I wanted to hear everyones.  I like that you are thinking along a postive line. Since it's supposed to be for when you hit a wall, I tried to think of hard things I have accomplished.  I used "I am a Strong Mother of 3"  - there is a lot to that, not just physically, but all of the other challenges with managing "good" kids and a family and working full time. 

So I started a running log to track the official Glass training.  It was satisfying to log my first 5 mile "long" run!

This was long and random.  Maybe it's b/c I have a bottle of ice under my foot!

No comments:

Post a Comment