Sunday, June 17, 2012

On the road again.....

Well it's official we have a race to run -- 15 weeks to train. I'm caught between being full fledge excited and a state of denial. What do they call it "fight or flight?" I don't think I ever said it -- but I love your quote on marathon running. It is perfectly true! Wish I would have thought it! I may print it out and put it in my food journal to read over and over. I was a spectator at Grandma's Half Marathon.....wow, what a difference. At times it was a little emotional. All week when they were anticipating high humid temps and possible storms -- I was doing the happy dance and feeling pretty proud of myself for not doing it this year. Then the weather changed as it always does.... It was cool, sunny and with a nice breeze of the lake. Ideal conditions by most peoples standards. I stood near the finish line and watched the faces of the runners. Some were struggling, some were determined, some were laughing and talking to the person next to them. Then I missed it terribly. The medal and the satisfaction was just around the corner from them. I wondered which ones had trained, which ones were doing it for the first time, who was doing it because someone talked them into it, who was amazed that they were accomplishing this goal! I came home and registered for the Wine Glass Half. I feel a bit desperate to remind myself of how that sense of accomplishment feels. I longed for that feeling of victory no matter what time you get! So today I ran my first short run post registering. I haven't calculated how many miles my training plan has in store between now and Sept 30th....maybe Indon't want to even know, till they are done. By the way for the record.....451/1000 down on my other goal! I'm a little scared -- but looking forward to the challenge....again! (number 9 for me!) Marathon Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment