Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Clarification!

First of all, I have successfully strung THREE great days together.  Not saying it was easy, but I have been in the right frame of mind!

I don't know why I like to frame my progress on a calendar.  Maybe it is messing me up.  I know this is my "curse" and will be following it the rest of my life; I guess looking at the 14 weeks helped me identify that there is nothing in that timeframe that I cannot overcome.  I would be happy to get 10 lbs off in that time.  And for the record, I still would not be at my 10%!  That's how far I have to go.
My first goal is the 5%, which I am approaching. Then I am sure I will have to choose something about consistency - I'll figure that out in 5 lbs!  I do get such joy at the end of each day puttnig a little smiley sticker on my calendar.

I know you are right about the meetings; but for some reason I just can't muster putting one more thing on my calendar. Maybe next month, when the kids schedules settle down.  And I did get out some cookbooks and pick a few things out. Having a decent dinner planned does make a big difference. I have been quite faithful about logging on-line. This works for me for some reason.

I was cleaning out a drawer and found some old journals (2000, 2005) and they all say the same thing.  For having a brain, I sure am slow!  I even have fat photos in one - see, I was smash journaling before my time.  I liked to blame those efforts on the pregnacies, but hmm . . . Sam is seven . . .  I'll say it here - I did top 200 lbs!  Can you even believe it? How did I walk?  At least those days are behind me. Yikes.

On another, yet related topic, lacksidasical month on my 1000 miles!  I hoped to be near 500 by the end of June (to be on track) and assuming what I do tmrw, I have to get in 172 next month! Yikes.  That's almost 6/day.  Or 43/week.  Hmm.. . the running is actually slowing me down which is just ironic (b/c I only do 3 m usually).  I guess I need to start adding some walks in as well. 

Like right now!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment