Monday, May 28, 2012

"I'll Have Another...."

A great horse name...! Ok -- only on my first tonight, but I won't let that stop me from sharing my thoughts. Let's start with the following topic -- 14 Weeks... Remind me sister where they have the directions for the 14 week WW program? Last time I checked it's a lifestyle change....not a program that starts and stops based on a predetermined holiday. I believe setting that type of goal is what undermines your success. You just said you have trouble stringing two good weeks together -- now you're shooting for 14! Set a little tiny goal, then hit it! And celebrate your ass off! Then another! I set lots of little goals -- then one day you wake up and you have arrived to the big goal without even knowing it. Let it sneak up on you! Cooking... Let me remind you -- those recipes come out of a book, I know how much you love books! What works for me is keeping my breakfast and lunch very consistent -- then I change up dinner. I use the cookbooks and I also modify some of my favorite things so I don't feel like I am missing out....I.E. enchiladas, burgers, taco salad, etc. I can help you win this. I actually love figuring out how to have all the bad food and make it work! Meetings.... Every time you talk about loving something....you start talking about the people you meet and how interesting they are and how they inspire you. WW is the same.....go to the meeting. Get ideas and support from the strangers who have the same freakin' issue you have! There is one guy who comes to my meeting who is obese -- if he can come in every week and fight this battle...than so can I. I bet the majority of people in my meeting would happily change places with me -- from a weight loss perspective. When I think about that it reminds me to not be so hard on myself. In there eyes I am a rock star! You to can be a rock star! Running.... I hesitate on this one! It's a love-hate relationship for me to! I love being a runner...but I rarely look forward to a run. I will always chase that rainbow! I want to love it -- still waiting for that to happen! I like the NY race way better to....let's see if we can make that happen! I've been holding out on you.... I have a MRI scheduled tomorrow. I may need Rotator Cuff surgery. I won't know till later in the week. I don't know the implications of that.....but I plan to ask a lot of questions. I have a work-around plan....but need to get the facts before I commit to the Sept run! And back to you! Lucy...your partner in crime PS. Looked at the AT pictures today and laughed my but off -- especially the pic of you with the muddy butt next to the slippery sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment