Monday, May 14, 2012

Hello, Vaseline!

(did that title catch your attention?)
HOLY ROAD RASH! 
No sign reminds you that you are back in the "running saddle" like a little rash/burn.  Oh my, I forgot the pleasures (NOT!).

I joined a new running group, that is more beginners and only meets 1x/week (and the rest you do on your own).  Less "pressure" so felt good to me.  Of course I knew I would miss the first three sessions but I went last Thurs and we did a hill workout.  I really enjoyed it. Perfect evening, nice group of women, I forgot how much I liked this park I felt good and the leader (who runs our local store) so loves running it is infectious.  But I had a rough weekend (Mother's Day, so sad) and whatever other excuses I can throw in there.  I even volunteered at packet pick up for a 50m trail run on Fri (good people watching!) and that didn't get me going. 

Megan (the leader) told a story how she had plantar fasciatis issues, and took 6 wks off to rest.  She "allowed" herself to run on Xmas - that was the gift to herself (see, she loves it).  After getting over that she is a nut, it dawned on me Sun evening.  This is the Mother's Day gift that I am going to give myself - I am going to get my run in.  So out I went. I am on a 8 min run/2 walk program, and only doing 3 miles, but it feels good. 

Now the objective is to string two good weeks (exercise, WW) together in a row.  Can it be done?  I have to get ONE done, first!  :)

JW

No comments:

Post a Comment