Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Priorities

My boss called right as I was leaving to take 2 kids 2 different places (at 6:15).  In between, I planned to do my run, and then swing back and get both of them again.  He called THREE times.  And I didn't take any of the calls.  I knew if I called back, I would not have time to get my run in ( my 8min/2min 4 times) and be on time for the kids.  How's THAT for keeping my priorities?  I felt like such a renegade.

Of course, keeping my paycheck is a priority, too.  So not sure if my resolve will hold for tmrw when I want to go spin at 9 (which is when I can usually expect his morning call). 

I guess I need to share the whole story.  I was on the phone with him at a normal time (like 4:30) and he took another call, so put me on hold.  After 10 min I hung up. Then his secretary called to apologize, he couldn't get off the other call, then he had to go pray, so he would call me later.  So of course I was a bit annoyed.  Annoyance helps one reshuffle priorities, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment