Sunday, September 4, 2011

What I have to say for myself

Everyday I intend to blog....and then I don't and then something else happens and I think oh....I should blog that but I haven't.  Jodie has called me....Jessica has emailed me repeatedly and I seem to be MIA.

Let me try to catch everyone up at the same time.  I was first of all in Toronto last week scoping out competition and the customers.  Trip went well overall -- got back Thursday around noon.  Instead of going into the office as I had planned -- I chose to spend the time at home catching up and relaxing.  What a good thing......  I can't tell you how much renewal I got from that one afternoon.  I had a call Skype called planned with Susie from Strozzi.....so I took this time to reflect on what I truly wanted from this work.  It was a bit of an "ah hah" moment for me.  I've likely said it a hundred times in some form....but not as clearly as it came to me on Thursday.  So in true Strozzi form I would like to state....

I am the commitment to being the master of my own destiny.

And let me say this -- for many years in my life I did basically what I wanted -- but I have slipped into this world of accomplishing other people's goals for me, meeting their standards, allowing myself to only be happy if other's were happy with me.  If my boss thinks I'm good -- then it must be true and vice versa.  I have allowed my value to be based on how other's valued me.  This job change really struck the nail on the head.  I felt completely unvalued by my company.  [Note to all:  do not mention our company names in this blog.  I know we search all blogs for our company name being used and that could allow all of this conversation to be public]  I also realized I know particular career path in mind and it was blatantly apparent all of a sudden.  So I felt exposed and de-valued.  I don't know exactly how....but I am going to own my life going forward.  I suspect I'll fall back about a million times....but got to start at some point.    I could say a lot more but I'll stop there for now.

Now on more of a family level.....

My Mom's caregiver called me yesterday to say Mom is mentally very confused and experiencing a lot of anxiety.  She imagines someone is taking her home, that they are tearing off the roof, there is writing on the floor, etc.  Don't know what is happening....waiting for a call from the hospital or Cora.  So not sure at this point what the next move is.

Trying to enjoy Labor Day weekend with Tim......headed to NYC on Tuesday.  So that catches everyone up on the big stuff.  Oh let me end on a positive note.....went running on Saturday for the 1st time in 2 months!  Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment