Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Run, Run and Have Some Fun

In the midst of my slump, Doug informed me that he signed up for our local Winter Run Series.  Mind you he has not been running, and in fact still in PT for his shoulder from bike fall, and back issues.

So in the spur of the moment, realizing I needed to get out in the cold or this is going to be one loooong winter, I signed up!  The truth is I really just wanted the t-shirt!
 
How's that for motivation?  Maybe I am the only freak motivated by a pumpkin.
 
So I waited until lunch time, when the temp hit our high of 42 for the day, bundled up and went to see if I could jog two miles.  Mind you I have not run in a month (or much of anything) since my silly Burrito Biathalon.  It was actually quite pleasant out.
 
 
I'm sure if I keep this up, it will require a new headband (I hate mine), gloves (a seam ripped) and other various accoutrements.  Shopping always makes unpleasant activities more fun!
 
Wish me luck!
Ethel


No comments:

Post a Comment