Sunday, October 13, 2013

Reality Check!

Good morning ladies --

Well here is how the story goes --

Friday I connect with Jess via email or texting -- she informs me she's in a bit of a slump with her weight.  I proceed to spread sunshine and butterflies of positivity -- I'm feeling optimistic and want to share my positivity.  All of this in anticipation of my weigh-in on Saturday morning which I am expecting to be spectacular!  Night falls and the sun rises on Saturday....everything seems normal?!?  Then I proceed to not loose any weight!!!!!!  Let me start back a bit to give perspective ---

3 Weigh-Ins ago:  had been horrible the week before, stress, over eating, etc -- so didn't weigh in

2 Weigh-In:  Had a great week -- did weigh-in, but new I had to still pay the piper for the prior week, so expected a gain....and got it

Last weigh-In:  Now understand I weigh myself everyday, so rarely is the Saturday weigh-in a surprise.  I had been down most of the week and based on my normal history -- I should have been down!  So Saturday when I saw my weight at home -- I knew I was in trouble.

The negative talk started immediately.  I was so bummed -- didn't seem to matter all the positive things I had accomplished all week -- just that freakin' number on the scale.  A demon!  I couldn't help but think about what I said to Jess less than 24 hours ago -- how I was ready to pump her up (my exact words).  So I decided to shake it off and try to stop feeling sorry for myself.  I showered and went to WW with the best attitude I could muster.  As our leader always says -- you always leave there in a better state than you came....and I did.  (I have the world's best leader!)  This months's challenge is related to moving more.  So i decided to make a goal this week of walking 10000 steps every day.  Had to dig out my old pedometer -- don't forget I wore that thing for a solid year.  Off I went yesterday -- got all my steps in!  Woohoo!  I felt like a champion!

I wake up this morning -- there is a huge weather front right over us.....it's so stinking big....bout half the size of Texas!  Just hanging out above Houston -- swirling and raining!!!!!!  I just want an hour of the day to walk -- is that too much to ask for?  I guess I could go to the gym -- but I wanted to be outside for a change!!!  Ok -- I'm going to try and put this obstacle behind me and remember that if this is my worst problem...than life is very good!  This I have control over.

Lucy!


No comments:

Post a Comment