Saturday, October 26, 2013

New Week -- New Goals!

Let me start by saying I have officially been unemployed for 7 weeks.  It has been better than I could have ever imagined.  I have finally gained some control over myself and my happiness.

Thank God for the wake-up call!  I needed it!  I still feel like saying F___! CC -- but all in all I'm better for it.

I'm down 5 lbs. since my last day -- of course I still have way to go....considering I am still currently 10 lbs heavier than when I came to Houston!  But I am on the right track!

Just left Jessica a message to encourage her -- Becca.....you've been off the grid?  What's going on in your world?

Here are my WW goals for the week......

1.  Journal......every day
2.  2 long walks (10000 steps), this is in addition to my normal 3 gym visits
3.  2-3 new recipes for the week
         *  already planned 3 recipes to try -- Mexican Chicken Casserole, Beef & Bean Chili and Bacon    
             & Swiss Quiche

On the career front -- Tim & I met with our attorney to begin the negotiation process on our Massage Studio.  Tuesday we are going on a little field try with Matt the local owner of 3 studios.  We are not really sure how long working through the contract will take -- I would imagine 2 weeks....but not sure.  We will also be creating an S-Corp at the suggestion of our lawyer.  Which means we will need a name for our business entity.  Wow...this is really happening! I admit I am scared when I really think about it -- but then I get a big smile on my face when I think about what this means for our future.  For once in my life -- I will be truly working for myself.  No more politics, being managed by incompetent, inconsiderate or self-centered people and feeling under-valued!  

I loved your posts Jessica!  Your yard looks amazing!  You know Tim and I paid a decorator one year to decorate our house for Christmas -- maybe that is a possibility for you and Doug to do.  You are really good at it and seem to be very imaginative.  Even if you made the stuff during the balance of the year and sold it around the holiday -- I bet people would pay good money for some of that stuff.  It could be a halloween boutique -- or should I say spook-tique.   Even more glad I got you thinking about what you are proud of......  I think we all short change ourselves on what we are good at.  We take ourselves for granted!

And with that....I'm signing out for now!

Lucy!




No comments:

Post a Comment