Sunday, January 22, 2012

Why let me explain....

As mentioned recently I started up with WW again....  As part of the package I have access to their web site as well.  I started meandering around looking at the blog postings and then found this "challenge" section.  There was a zillion different ones -- but this one caught my eye.  I actually enjoy walking -- but never allow myself to do it....because I feel like it's not hard enough to count as a workout.  But I haven't done any real workout in months.  Maybe a spin class or pilates here or there -- but nothing of any substance.  So I decided that walking was way better than nothing.  I think I need to get my exercise-confidence back.  I'm afraid to even try now -- cause I know I'm so out of shape.  And maybe...just maybe if I enjoy it, I will keep doing it.  A novel idea....huh?

I purchased a pedometer -- the key to all ideas, as you know includes a purchase of some sort! :)  Only $20 -- just slightly more than a journal.....our go to item in most cases.  I now count both my steps and my workouts.  So even on days when a workout is not in the cards -- I still have the satisfaction of logging a couple of miles.  That continuity helps me stay motivated -- or at least that's the plan.  For example....on Friday we had our company holiday party.  So I was in the office for a quick half day -- didn't feel like there was time to change clothes, go to the gym and then change again.  So I headed to the skywalk and walked for 20 minutes and felt pretty proud of myself!

I of course intend to run again....but the winter sucks for that.  The treadmill is so boring.  So I'll log my miles now walking and slowly transition when the weather starts to break -- say June??? :)

So use whatever method you want to log your miles!  And we can make a pack now --I'll make you a special bib to commemorate the event and you can do the same for me.  Of course -- Jodie....we'll make you one to!

Signing of........Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment