Saturday, July 2, 2011

Mud Update

Jodie can't be the only one to get muddy this year! I have an event in Aug, and I think Melissa has one coming up as well. For fun, as an alternate workout, I signed up for an 8 wk "Dirty Girl" training session. We have a Military Academy a few blocks away, and they have a ropes course. So on Thurs there we were, working on hopping over fences. About 100 times. Imagine, a fence about chest high, so you push yourself up, and swing a leg up so the sole of your foot is on the top. Then swing over. Over and over. My left glute is SO SORE I had to get up in the middle of the night and take some advil (and this is two days later!)

I got over the 5 ft wall OK, and climbed up the 20 but chickened out at the top and couldn't get over! LOL. The one is the event is only like 10 ft so I think I'll be fine but isn't that funny. I think I need some mental coaching!

So Beach/BodyBug combo working well - down 11 pounds which has not happened in YEARS. I had a goal of 15 by vacation (12 weeks) so I am on track. 4 lbs left, in 3 weeks. Whoo Hoo!
JW

No comments:

Post a Comment