Friday, May 6, 2011

SB Wk 1 Report

One week down on South Beach, and I have to say . . . I like it! Thank-you Jodie! I kicked off the week in NY, faced with dinner rolls, MAC AND CHEESE, WINE (ahem), delayed flt at airport challenge, followed by fresh cookies on plane, and then Book Club with apps, pushy desert lady, WINE, and then after I ran last nite, I picked up Sam and my neighbor offered me a BEER . . . but I mustered past all of the challenges! The only one I caved in on was a Mom's Day Tea at school, and Sam made me a small sugar cookie (it would have broken his heart if I didn't eat it). They made a card answering questions and one was "My Mom's favorite thing to eat is . . . " Salad. I guess that's what he sees me eat, but little does he know what I wish I was eating! "I love my Mom because . . ." She looks so good. Having a 6 yr old is great for the ego.

But I digress . . . yes, I went to run hills last nite (instead of drinking margs and eating enchiladas for Cino de Mayo!) and I have to say it was sooooo hard. I had no gas at all. And weights today were hard. So I'm not sure if I'm missing my energy carbs or just in a lazy state. But I lost a few pounds, which in my world, has not happened in years. I put on a few during 10 days of vacation slugfest (do you like that word?) so not sure if I can count that, but -4.8. From before vaca not quite so much, but still down, which as I say is a miracle for me. The true test is what week 2 holds!
Enjoying my hummus and veggie snack right now!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment