Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Vertical Challenge

I have a plan to propose!  (Do you open these posts from me with trepidation when you see the word CHALLENGE?).  I mentioned that I do much better with a "date" on the calendar in sticking with my exercise.  I found one we can all do, right where we live.  I have been intrigued by them in the past, but never made the commitment.  The Climb for Air - it is a "vertical 5K" hosted around the country, in March.
So we have 12 wks to get in better shape - plenty of time - and it is inside for those of us in inclimate regions.

We have one here in MKE (US Bank is our tallest bldg) and NY, and I did see Minneapolis (but not sure about Duluth - hard to search cities).  I invited my sister-in-law in HOUSTON to do it with us, b/c she is trying to get back in shape (and there is indeed one there). What do you think?  Of course there are bibs (and in fact finisher medals, I think).  It's only like 1100 stairs (47 flights here).  And I think it will count as my letter "V."

It will be fun.  We can all do it, so it would be like doing it together, although in our hometowns.
Are you in?

Ethel

No comments:

Post a Comment