Thursday, December 1, 2011

New Plan!

You know me - I love a plan!

So, I saw my naturopath yesterday and it is so interesting to me. Now my progesterone is through the roof (I don't know how they measure, but it supposed to be like 2400 and I'm 8000!).  Symptoms include all my complaints - lethargy, weight gain, water retenion, etc etc.  Still signs of adrenal fatigue, so I'm back on supplements for that as well.

But the big diagnosis, is she thinks I have some hyper-insulin thing.  Kind of the opposite of a diabetic - when my body gets sugar, it produces way too much insulin.  (not hyper glycemic, but hyper insulinmatic or something).  You may recall when I followed So Beach for awhile I did feel better (low carbs, no fruit, milk, etc).  So she suggested a Low Glycemic Load diet (well, lifestyle - diet infers short term).  It seems very manageable.  It's not just sugar - there is a formula to calculate the glycemic load.  For example, watermelon is high in sugar, but has a low load b/c there is not much of it (high water content). Basically there is a red light, yellow light, green light list of foods and there is some of everything so you don't really miss much. Pretty easy to understand.

Of course I like that I could get new books to read on the topic.  :)

I will keep you updated on how I feel!  With my raging ear infection (and travel) I have not been working out, but I hope to use the time to focus on a new nutirition plan that will pay off.  She does want to test my insulin, so I get to go eat a huge carb heavy breakfast (pancakes, syrup, juice - yummy!) and have it checked.  But regardless I am going to give it a whirl.  Because I love to have A PLAN!
JW

No comments:

Post a Comment