Saturday, December 31, 2011

First Day Hike! Expanded

Apparently it is a tradition in the hiking community to start the New Year with a hike!  My little IAT group has a "first day hike" and while it is the same 3 mile loop that I often do with the dog, I'm going (even if it is 22 degrees).  What a great way to start the New Year.  A First Day Hike.

I think we should all get out there and try it for 2012!
Ethel

OK - I got sidetracked and didn't finish my thought.  I saw a commercial (I think it was for like financial planning or something) but the theme was about "what intrigues us so much about the FIRST STEP?"  So like a babies' first step, or the step off of a diving board, things like that. I found that timely with the New Year - the first step (hike) in to 2012. Can be very symbolic, don't you think? A step in to the New Year, a step towards our health, a step towards new adventures, a step towards relationships (if you hike with people) - a million things.

So, Step into the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment