Friday, December 16, 2011

GI in IN!

I finally went to have that insulin test done (I had to load up on pancakes, syrup, and juice - and I felt so sick) but sure enough, I have way TOO MUCH insulin in my blood.  Hyper-sensitive, so almost the opposite of a diabetic. I don't really understnad the measurement, but mine was "25"and it is supposed to be below 15.  Apparently that is bad.  It means that my body only burns glucose for energy, and never touches the fat stores. That explains why I can exercise like a maniac, and never lose any weight.

I love this naturopathic lady.  She said "I hate to tell you this a week before Xmas, but you should strictly follow the Glycemic Index protocol IMMEDIATELY.." I wonder how long it would have taken my primary care Dr. to figure this out (who I do like, by the way). Apparently it can lead to heart disease and pancreas issues and other nasty stuff if not controlled.  I guess this is my last pizza Fri for awhile.

But as I said, I am happy to have A PLAN.  I report in 60 days.  Will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment