Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hmmmm . . . .

The saga continues.   Today was my last day with my trainers . . . I really enjoyed it, but it's expensive so I'm taking a haitus at least for awhile.  Not to mention that over the approx 18 mos, I have put on 10 lbs of muscle, and only lost 4 lbs of fat!  At least I am now in the "average" percentile, very well below. My cardio is well above.  So those are all good things - but why can't I lose any weight?

I have doing my "morning pages" which I like b/c it helps me focus for the day.  Following the low glycemic diet, and I definitely feel better during the day.  But other than a few pounds to show for 7 wks, it is not melting it off, either. Exercise most days, in general very good habits.

After more and more reading, and in fact my trainer's speculation, it could all be linked to my terrible sleep pattern.  Adrenal fatigue, too much stress (cortisol in the body) and it activates other hormones that tell the body to cling to every fat cell.  I don't think I'm "stressed" but maybe I'm so used to it, I don't notice.  I go to see my Naturapath later this month, and I can't wait to see what she says to do next. I think maybe I need to go to an endocrynologist!

Of course the blessing is to be healthy, and in good shape.  But it doesn't mean that I'm not pissed off to be 30 lbs over weight!  I feel like I should have "more" to show with all of this hard work! So the puzzle still lingers.

JW 45/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment