Thursday, November 28, 2013

Holiday Streak In Progress . . .

First off, congrats to LUCY for completing her Turkey Trot!  A great addition to the bib collection.

As you know, I have been in a very deep rut, and was inspired from an article to attempt a Holiday Streak.  It was timely, b/c I had a few days to mentally prepare, but not so long to come up with enough excuses not to. Then I saw your text, so I was even more motivated.

I waited until 10, hoping the temp would go up a little bit, but knew if I waited much longer it wasn't going to happen.  Of course I choose T-Day to start, so the YMCA is not open which means I have to run outside.  So it hit 28 degrees, I bundled up and off I went.  I jogged two miles . .. a few walk breaks in there, but honestly I think I deserve a bib just for going!  LOL.  The good news is that there was little traffic today, so I could run on the street and avoid most of the icy patches and snow sludge.  I think I lost a pound just in water dripping from my eyes and nose.  Lucy, I know you have been there - I just add the description to amuse B, and remind you (L) how thankful you should be for your move!

Do you ever wonder when cars pass what they are thinking?  I wave jauntily (this is fun, right?) and I know when I am driving and see people out, I usually feel admiration for them (that guy is so fat - but look, he is out trying to get in shape) or guilt (I see that lady out walking every day - why can't I do that?).  So I tried to imagine what they are thinking based on the car . . . two fat guys in camo and packer gear in a truck?  Probably thought I was a nut.  A neighbor I know - probably thinks I am so good, running so I can eat pie later (somehow I have this image that they all THINK I am so healthy!).  It was an amusing way to pass the time.

Of course, end of story, it was not nearly as bad as it sounds.  I felt fine, although out of shape.  As I was stretching I turned on the Macy's parade, and there was this group that jump roped the whole parade route.  Can you imagine jumping for like an hour straight? The hot shower felt great.  And of course I now feel like I can take on the world.  That's all I needed - was to get out and do it.

Remember - you only have to exercise on days that you eat!

Lucille Ball

“It doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optismism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself”


 Lucille Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment