Thursday, April 4, 2013

just TRI it

I don't know why I did this, but in an insane moment, I did.  I signed up for the "Lazy Man" triathalon at our Y.  You do a full Ironman, over the course of the month of April.  So on your schedule, you just post it in the log (and someone signs it, but really an honor system).

112 mile bike
262.2 mile run
4,224 yard swim.  Yes, 169 lengths of the competitive pool.  84.5 laps.

What was I thinking?  I like to spin, so pretty sure I can get the bike in (maybe 10 classes); the run I should be able to piece together little by little.  But the swim?  I wonder if I can do the whole thing with a noodle, and not get my hair wet.  I think "in the moment" I felt that I needed  a challenge.  But now I don't think I do.  And I am "committed."  Purchasing a new swimsuit did not help my motivation any.  I hate water and really cannot swim with any confidence.

Just to add to the challenge that I no longer want, I realized that I will be gone 19 days this month.  That definitely limits my workout times.

What was I thinking?  That I need a push to exercise to lose some weight?  I really don't know.

Meditating sounds better to me.
Ethel

No comments:

Post a Comment