Thursday, July 26, 2012

Stupid is as Stupid Does

Last nite was the last run of my "Summer Series."  It was a 5k trail course, "Run For the Dogs."  100 degrees (OK - maybe 98 by the 7 pm start time), so humid and probably not so healthy for the dogs. I was drenched in sweat before we even started (stinging my eyes!), and my heart rate was at max (I wear a monitor) by a quarter mile/first hill.  I thought I felt OK, but was so worried about passing out based on that. I tried to get it down with a few walk breaks, but not so effective.  Needless to say, it was quit a challenge, glad I did it now, but my slowest "race" ever - and you know that I am pretty slow! But behold:


2nd place in my age group!  And I swear there were other contenders in my age group. How funny is that. Clearly not based on speed . . . I will refer to it as a "finisher" medal.

Wilson would not move after 2 miles. Definitely slowed Doug down.  Here he is getting kisses for taking him on such a nice jaunt. (sorry, don't know how to flip in here. That would be sweat on the lense there).




OK - so maybe Wilson is just trying to replenish his salt.

Right now he is having a nap in my office and wimpering  - maybe he is having nightmare flashbacks of the event!





No comments:

Post a Comment