Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Motivation

Some experts suggest only looking forward (not backwards) on your weight loss goals.  We should focus on where we want to be (not where we are, or were).  In fact, many suggest clipping pictures of people (bodies) that you would like to look like to keep the inspirational vision right in front of you. 

Well, at "over 45" I don't need to look like someone else. I'm pretty sure I am not going to grow 6 inches or anything like that.  I was thinking how Lucy told me "same girl, same body" and I found what I think to be the ONLY photo in existence of me in a swimsuit.
It is a crappy old picture (we tried to enlarge/crop but was only pixelated & blurry). Not sure who that is to my right, but that is Cheryl Klein's butt to my left. Cancun, Oct 1989.  That has to be in the same "era" as when we earned lifetime, right? Doug and I started dating consistently not long after this.  It's funny b/c I have lots of other pics, in outfits that I clearly remember the size of (I remember those size 3 shorts!) but I don't look thin in them, if that makes any sense. I'm pretty sure this was the only bikini I may have ever owned, too!

So there is my visual, which I am brave enough to share. I don't need to get back in a bikini, but closer than now will be nice.  I am  trying to keep the explinations (code for excuses) out of my head (my thyroid is low, my hormones are messed up, I've had 3 kids, blah blah blah). So I also put in my little journal pics of two of my friends.  One is almost 50, and the other is younger (maybe under 40). 
The pics are from a "race day" with their families - they both are completely fit, look great, and they both have three kids! (one group older than mine, one group younger). So I can't use that explination any more.

As a safeguard, I also stuck in there a current world's worst photo of me to scare me to death just in case I stray. It is actually a running pic Doug took but it's so bad (double chin, gut roll, you name it). That one I am NOT going to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment