Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hike your own Hike......

Ahhh.....where do I start?  I bought the book and I like it!  Jodi -- this one has your name written on it to.  And my ode to Strozzi....

"I am there commitment to hike my own hike!"  [p.s. I'll be seeing Susie on Monday]

Just spent 2 nights at a fabulous place in Wisconsin -- called Canoe Bay.  Our 2nd time -- absolutely beautiful and lots of solitude.  Went on 2 hikes in anticipation of the AT adventure just days a way now.  Tim and I hiked on Jessica's special trail -- the Ice Age Trail.  What a great trail.  Even purchased the hardware to go on my walking stick....that I don't own yet!  Now I home for the weekend and have to focus on the final preparation for the AT.  That included a trip to Gander Mtn.  I was impressed -- they had a lot of good stuff.  Of course got a few things not on my list.  I'm a retailer's dream shopper.  Clearly it doesn't matter how much you know about the gimmicks -- you still fall for them.  Sure I'll go find one or was it two more North Face items to get me up to the $100 limit so I can get the $20 gift card.  You see the 2 items I started with only added up to $90......hmmm, is that just a coincidence, I don't think so.  Finding the 2 additional items required getting a sales girl to undress a mannequin and me finding another grey hoodie I must have......now that's at least my 3rd one.    Enough about that weakness!

Now I'm home and just bought a book on Amazon.....a 1000 places you have to see before you die.  I was reading the journal left in our room and I was amazed that several people referenced it in their entry.  Apparently Canoe Bay is in there.  So I guess it's 999 places for me. :)  Jodi -- this also sounds up your alley....I now how much you like the list thing.  Hey are you in Italy....I know the trip must be very close.

Alright....I'll take a breath and let someone else get a word in edge wise!

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment