Monday, March 24, 2014

12 Weeks

12 weeks in to the year already . .. it is hard to believe.  It is also hard to believe that I have religiously worked out, kept track of my food, etc and have a whopping 2.8 lbs off to show for it.  Needless to say that has put me in a little bit of a funk - add to that our continued below-freezing temps, a head cold, and it is all a little depressing.

So I am trying to regroup!  I am still working on more fiber (no result last week but I'll keep trying) and I have been out to hike some of my Ice Age Trail miles three times in the last 10 days and that has felt great (27 miles - not counting the 6 that I spent being lost off-trail!).  I signed up for a seminar next week about "the hormone diet" b/c there is clearly something "off" in my body and maybe that will help me to figure it out.  Lastly, I set a new silly goal.  I just feel like I do better when I have something "ahead" of me to think about as I am working hard.

That is KoKo Crater, on Oahu.  As you know, we are headed to Hawaii in June which is about 12 weeks off.  And I am going to climb this crater!  And still be able to walk later in the day. It is only a mile and a half, but as you can see, it ascends 1200 ft pretty rapidly. The views are supposed to be amazing - you can see 3 of the islands from the summit.
And then I am going to send you THIS picture, with MY feet in it!

I am actually a little more worried about descending without wiping out, but I'll worry about that then.

No comments:

Post a Comment