Monday, December 3, 2012

Side by Side

I'm right there with you....well close anyway -- I have 55 miles left.  That works out to be just about 2 miles a day.  I'll make it as well -- but I was on pace to be way ahead.

My eating has been horrendous!  I have put on 5 or 6 lbs since my arrival to Houston.  So I am trying hard to regain my composure.  Work is out of control -- so I am feeling pretty out of control.  I haven't told you about the pups either!  We had to put Elvis down 3 weeks ago.  He was diagnosed with lymphoma right after he got here and he went downhill quick.  It was a very difficult thing to do -- needless to say.  We are very thankful to have had 13 years with him.  Deuce is not doing great either.  She has been diagnosed with DM -- a degenerative disease that is like Lou Gehrig's disease.  It will slowly paralyze her starting with the hips.  Then she tore her TPL -- which required surgery 2 weeks ago.  I think we nearly hit $10k in vet bills last month alone.  It's been a sad time for us and the pups.  We don't know how long we have with Deuce.....they can't really say, maybe a year on the long end.  She is doing physical therapy twice a week with the hope of slowing the progression of the disease.

I am having hot flashes like crazy at night!  But on the positive side......the weather is amazing!

It's been a wild ride....

Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment