Friday, November 9, 2012

Cooking!

So as you know, cooking is a struggle for me, b/c I don't do it and don't like it (not sure which came first . . . ).  I have been significantly better at picking recipes, planning the week, and Doug cook which is working out well for all of us.  But as one of my resolutions, I wanted to try to engage myself as well.  All I really want to do is re-organize our pantry, etc which involves shopping at fun places (like the Container Store - which requires a road trip to Chicago - but I digress).  That is a topic for another day.

In addition, my daughter enjoys cooking so I feel not only an obligation to help her learn, but it is something that we can do together.  So I signed us up for a Healthy Mexican Cooking class, which we attended last nite (local community college) and it was great.  We tried and came home with 10 great recipes.  Now I am so inspired.

But my question is, can that count as a NEW TO ME?  20 yrs ago, Doug and I took a  cooking class at Dierberg's (flashback!) but it was not healthy per se.  And Healthy Mexican Food . . well, that is close to an oxymoron, isn't it?  Is there a statue of limitations on experiences to qualify as new?  Just wondering. 

Miranda is developing the concept of a 'bucket list" so maybe that could be my new album . . . b/c you know it is more fun to start new ones than ever finish one that is started.  Or a Smash album - b/c again, more fun to collect and think about than actually write in one.  She wants to learn to sew, so that could be our project for 2012 (sewing class). 

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment